“SHIFT TO PREVENTIVE & SHORT STAY SERVICES” A HEALTH CARE REVOLUTION IN PROGRESS….
According to McKinsey Global Institute analysis:
- Over the past decade, there has been a marked shift in the delivery of care from general practitioners (primary care physicians), to specialists.
- More than 65% of all healthcare services in the US are already being delivered in outpatient/short stay contexts.
- Outpatient/short stay care accounts for two-thirds of US healthcare spending, making it the fastest growing cost component.
- Within the outpatient category, the two largest and fastest growing sources of outpatient spending are same day hospital care and visits to physicians’ offices.
Source: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
(OECD):McKinsey Global Institute analysis
The Indian equation
- Hospitals focusing on preventive health and short stay have become very popular in metros like Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Calcutta, etc.
- We believe the time is right for Kottayam to evolve as a center for exemplary healthcare facilities.
- Welfast Hospital will house state-of-the-art technology from India and abroad, with an aim to bring all medical and surgical specialists under one roof – a rare feature in many places