Shift to outpatient care, a healthcare revolution
According to McKinsey Global Institute analysis:
- Over the past decade, there has been a marked shift in the delivery of care from general practitioners (primary care physicians), to specialists.
- 65% of all healthcare services in the US are already being delivered in outpatient contexts.
- Outpatient care accounts for two-thirds of US healthcare spending, making it the fastest growing cost component.
- Within the outpatient category, the two largest and fastest growing sources of outpatient spending are same day hospital care and visits to physicians’ offices.
Source: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD):McKinsey Global Institute analysis
The Indian equation
- Multispeciality clinics have become very popular in metros like Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Calcutta, etc.
- We believe the time is right for Kottayam to evolve as a center for exemplary outpatient healthcare facilities.
- Welfast Multispeciality Clinic will house state-of-the-art technology from India and abroad, with an aim to bring all specialists of modern medicine under one roof – a rare feature in OP clinics.